Monday, November 1, 2010

Living in the Present Moment

At a very dark time in my life, not so long ago, I came across Eckhart Tolle's audio book The Power of Now. Listening to his words helped me understand just how precious every "moment", situation and person is. Since that time I strive to fully take in every breath, sound and sight whether good or bad. I find that if I just experience the moment and observe it.....Life is not so bad.

Sometimes we (myself included--big time) react too quickly to situations that need us to just "Be Present" and observe.

So the thought for today is from Eckhart---"Accept - then act. Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it."

..then take a few deep breaths.

Happy Monday!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing Misto... Great way of viewing things, I'll have to read that book.

    CROD

    ReplyDelete